Spiv's Mind

Friday, November 25, 2005

A Third Post?!?!?!

Yes I know my blog titles are very creative :).

Today I worked what I think is the longest shift I've ever worked. 5:30AM to 4:00PM. Man are those Black Friday shoppers crazy! The minute the doors opened at 6AM they all ran in an staked claims on the items they wanted. It was probably also fueled by the fact that Sears was giving away $10 to the first 25 people through the door. I'm in Appliances, so we weren't too busy, as not too many people give washing machines for Christmas.

Anyway, my record for the longest shift will be broken tomorrow. I work 6:30AM-5:00PM at Sears, and then drive over to Gamestop from 5:00PM until we close. All totaled out it will probably mean 15.5 hours of work. Ugh. However, this day alone will probably fund my entire Christmas shopping this year. Let's see...6:30-5 @ $8/hr and 5-10 @ $5.15/hr. That's $84 + $25.75, or $109.75 for the day. Counting today's $84 and Sunday's 7-8 hours at Sears, that's almost $250 before taxes. Not bad for three days work. If I could do that every weekend (not that I want to; I'm exhausted) that would be $1000 a month, which I could definitely use. Oh well, Christmas Break is coming soon, right? :)

Speaking of Christmas Break reminds me of my schedule fiascos. I'm forced to take two comp sci courses next semester instead of one because my transferred courses didn't count for enough credit. That's fine with me, since I wanted to take two anyway. The problem occurs in the fact that I need more music courses than I can take. Let me explain:

For my B.A. in Music I need to take two music electives. I'm taking one this semester: Popular Music. Next semester the only music electives being offered are Popular Music. Do you see the problem? I also need one more 'W' course. After moving a course to the winter session (I'm not too happy about having to shell out even more money to MU) I made enough room to take both comp sci courses. There is no room for an extra music course. And isn't the last semester supposed to be an easy one? Mine's ending up to be 20.5 credits.

All I can say is that it's a good thing I applied for that loan, since there's no way I'm going to be able to make any sort of money next semester with that courseload. Hopefully most of my courses don't require too much out-of-class time. The only thing that I'm expecting is a ton of reading (being that I'm taking Italian Renaissance, Music History II, Artifical Intelligence, and Software Engineering).

Sorry Dr. Mollah, I never got to take one of your classes. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home